The Standard Screw Company was founded on March 29, 1900 as a holding company for Chicago Screw, Detroit Screw Works, and Worcester Machine Screw. The company added additional subsidiaries throughout the early part of the century including Hartford Machine Screw and Western Automatic.

The combined company primarily made screws and other fasteners until the 1950s, when they diversified into fuel injection pumps and household taps.

In March 1970 Standard Screw Company changed its name to Stanadyne.

Showing all 4 results